Automated Fraction Collection Large Volume
The Large Volume Refrigerated Fraction Collector (LVFC) collects up to 1.5 mL volume samples in microcentrifuge and other style vials. In contrast, the microdialysis oriented Microvolume Fraction Collector collects a maximum volume of 250 µL.
This multifunction, easy-to-use equipment will help make your lab more efficient.
- Collects samples from 50µL to 1.5mL
- Toggleable refrigeration chills up to 26 samples at 4°C
- Simple method setup via front panel keypad and LCD. Determine collection interval, number of samples, cooling on/off, and optional start delay time.
- Several vial types available
- Open architecture allows removal or replacement of vials during operation
- Entire carousel is removed easily for transfer of vials to storage or another process
- Vials can quickly be labeled with the optional "Chads" Collection Vial Labeling System
- Unlike BASi™s microvolume fraction collector which can collect into two separate vials each from a different source, the LVFC collects into a single vial.
- An optional concentric dual cannula needle can be used to add reagents into the vial or to divert user anticipated vial overflow. (Note that the larger OD concentric cannula is 1 (2.54 cm) shorter than the other needle, and so it actually delivers/fills 1 above the tip of the other needle via the gap between the two concentric cannulae).
- This Collector can be used for Microdialysis sampling.
- Different Carousel Options available:
- MW-2308 for collecting samles in to larger vials for volume more than 250 µL (MF-5263,MF-5268)
- MW-2320 for collecting samples in to 250 µL vials (e.g. Low binding Eppendorf Tubes for sampling Peptides)
- MW-2315 for collecting samples in to BASi® small volume 250/300 µL plastic/glass vials MF-5271/MF-5270
- Other Custom Built Carousels to suit your specific vial type(s) available Contact BASi®
- Different Needle Options Available:
- MW-2310 Metal Needle (This needle can pierce through the caps supplied by BASi®)
- MW-2309S Metal Needle ( Concentric Dual Cannula Needle). This needle can pierce through the cap/septum)
- MD-1324 Height Adjustable PEEK Needle
- This Collector can be used in conjunction with the Culex® Automated In Vivo Sampling System to collect blood samples.
- Can collect from multitude of other sample sources
* CAUTION: When using microcentrifuge style vials, use only vials that do not have attached caps! Do not use microcentrifuge style vials with caps attached and dangling; the dangling caps may catch and damage the instrument! Unless you are using vials and caps supplied by BASi®, collect into this type vial without caps. If you prefer or need to collect into capped vials, use the vials offered by BASi®. We searched far and wide for caps that the sampling needle would penetrate without damaging the needle. Amongst the universe of vials we tested, we found one source. You can order those vials and caps below.